Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A dream about you.

I was where you once were,
And I needed to tell you.

I took the key to your apartment and opened your front door. I walked into your bedroom, only to find you asleep. Only you and a bed - everything else had been moved to your new city. I looked at your sleeping face. You were peaceful.

I ran my finger down the slope of your jaw. You awoke, smiling. I could tell you were happy to see me but thought you were dreaming. I kissed your soft, dry lips.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay. I leave tomorrow. She's waiting for me there," you replied.

"I know what I did to you. I was there. I saw where you lived. I want to go back with you and I want to tell you something."

"There's nothing left. What could you have to say?"

You vanished before I could say, "I still love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment